Just puchased the MP-E 65mm 1X-5X marco lens and have to say the images so far, even hand held, are incredible.

I was lucky enough to purchase a 5D Mark II early in Dec. and have the new lens mounted upon it.

All my other lenses are L series glass and are weathersealed. Although the MP-E 65mm is extremely well built, it is not an L series lens and not weathersealed.

My concern is the play in the mount after it has been seated. The lens faces up to the body mount and has noevidenceof play there but has slight, or should I say more rotational play than my other four lenses. The only other lens that comes close,or equal,to this type of play condition is my 100-400mm 4.5 zoom lens which is not weathersealed either.

Just wondering if this is symptomatic of non-weathersealed lenses. I know it's not the camera because the same situation occurs with my other two camera bodies. Also, the play is not what you might call excessive but it can be felt when using the focusing ring

So far Ihave notnoticed any abnormalities in the images, but with a lens of this type it would be hard to tell without camparing itto another copy.

Has anyone had any similar experience with his lens orany other?