Thread: Funniest thing I've read in a while...

Funniest thing I've read in a while...

Are you really a professional? Do you use a star filter instead of a UV filter? If not, you're probably not a professional.
    At least, according to some guy in China selling filters for US$3.82:
    "A Star filter is a must. Period. Most professionals have star filters, not UV filters, permanently mounted on their photo and video equipment."
    (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/350145238507).
    Classic.

So that's what I've been doing wrong... Well at least it's easy to fix, I just ordered one for each of my lenses

Stephen

That's just plain wrong. Everyone knows that real pros use star filters with 8 points, not this inferior 6-point filter...

I thought the best way to tell a professional was when the flash popped up.

So am I a pro yet?
    The 6-point arrived the other day, still waiting on the 4- and 8-point versions. It's an interesting construction, looks like it's got black wire stretched over the glass, I was imagining a laser-etched or something. Not bad for $3, but it does make the rest of the shot go a bit soft (I'm wondering if the glass is actually glass, plastic, or a recycled coke-bottle bottom).
    It will probably see a bit of use on the lensbaby and/or pinhole at night, and probably not much else, but for now here's a sample with the 85/1.8 @ f/3.2, tracking tinsel in the wind at the Boxing Day BBQ yesterday...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3556rs900x600.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	308
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Only a pro could create such a majestic image. Congratulations...you've made it.