Thread: 1DS MK3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1DS MK3

Just bought a almost new 1DS MK3 for half its recommended price. It has 9500 shutter clicks on it and even smells like new. Someone lost a lot of money on this. Me, i was in the right place at the right time!!!

Anyway. Took it out to see how it compares to my 5D MK1. I dont have a manual yet so just toyed with it. Pushed it out to ISO 1600, played around with the exposures and used my 400 f5.6 L lens. Resolution is out of this world but, in shadows in poorish light it wasnt the top performer i had hoped. I do another comparison with my 5D later. Im as yet to check out the settings it came with and i do have a PDF from Canon USA of suggested settings but any advice on how to improve it through its ettings before i trawl the instruction manual. I usually learn through experience as i get very easily bored reading technical stuff. May have a go at tuning it to each of my lens too.

Mick

Re: 1DS MK3

That's great! I'm happy for your purchase. By the way, if you want to see the 1Ds3 really shine against the 5D1, try comparing dynamic range at ISO 100. I think you'll find you can pull tons of image data out of the deepest darkest shadows. It has much less pattern noise.

Re: 1DS MK3

It's a very nice camera. You will have jealous friends.