Thread: CS3 extended to CS5

CS3 extended to CS5

Simple question. I can upgrade my extended version of CS3 to regular cs5 without it being extended...correct? I looked on adobe site and believe I can do that but wanted to make sure before I went ahead and did the deed. Figured someone on here would know for sure. Used the trial and was so happy that I didn't have to do two extra steps to work with pictures from my 7d, that I think it would be worth the investment. It is so much easier to use and more user friendly than the previous version I have.

Thanks.

Jayson

Re: CS3 extended to CS5

I upgraded from CS4 to CS5 Extended. I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am that I did. Not including the Extended version tools such as 3D and whatever, the additions and improvements between CS4 and CS5 are incredible. Since I have never used CS3 I can only imagine the differences.

In the event you haven't been able to check out all that is in CS5, you can check out the various videos at Adobe TV that do a great job of demonstrating them.

Yep, looks like it would cost you $199 provided you mean CS3 Extended or Non Extended to just CS5 Non

Thanks for responding. I decided to do the upgrade and it worked seamlessly. Love the new features it has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson

Thanks for responding. I decided to do the upgrade and it worked seamlessly. Love the new features it has to offer.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Let the fun begin! I recommend spending time browsing around the Adobe TV web site reviewing the many video tutorials. There are many more regarding CS5 and CS5 Extended other than those on the page I linked in my previous reply.
    When I got Photoshop CS4 I bought a great book to help me learn all I could about it, So I thought. It's the Adobe Photoshop CS4 Bible. Great book, nearly 1000 pages to sort through. It has been a great help on my journey to learn Photoshop and I keep it by my side all the time for reference. However, when I upgraded to CS5 Ext, they didn't yet have a book for it. The Adobe TV site has been a great help learning all the new functions and tools plus a bunch of other things I didn't even know about the previous version. Reading about it, and then seeing someone actually do it makes a whole lot of difference.

I purchased it. I had an upgrade and then a student discount as I was finishing up some school stuff. It wasn