Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Landscape...

Long exposure gets me everytime

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Zeiss 21mm and a ND32 filter.
    Very nice! I have to admit, I'm a sucker for long exposure landscape shots. Here is one of mine, 17-40mm taken at the lower portion of Linville Falls this past December.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Zeiss 21mm and a ND32 filter.
    Steve - Beautiful colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Hero View Post
    Very nice! I have to admit, I'm a sucker for long exposure landscape shots. Here is one of mine, 17-40mm taken at the lower portion of Linville Falls this past December.
    Hero - Welcome to the forum. I too am a sucker for long exposures, and the water in your falls looks great.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Steve, I love your backyard!!

Hero, Welcome and what another great shot, I love the contrast!

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    ... I too am a sucker for long exposures, and the water in your falls looks great.
    I have no idea what you are talking about.... Nice shot Hero.....

These were taken just outside of Pullman, Washington in an area called the Palouse.

I was playing with different levels of the CPL and I seem to have liked the CPL cranked all the way for these shots....

Palouse Hills-7033 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Palouse Hills-7034 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing....Brant

Steve, that shot is absolutely stunning! Is there much processing in such a photo or is the Aussie wintersky just better than the Dutch summer sky?

Brant, I love your photos. At first I thought it were some sand dunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    These were taken just outside of Pullman, Washington in an area called the Palouse.

I was playing with different levels of the CPL and I seem to have liked the CPL cranked all the way for these shots....
    The clouds, the blue sky, and the golden rolling hills all come together to make a great compisition. Well done.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Pat and Jan. Thanks. I am glad you like the photos....

I finished processing the rest of my shots from my trip out....I also liked these two...both shot in the Idaho side of the Palouse:

Palouse-6497 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Palouse-6482 by kayaker72, on Flickr

It was funny reading Sean's thread about not having shot in awhile and needing to get out. I was at about 4 weeks without taking pictures, so it was nice to go get some....

Thanks for viewing....

Brant

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    I finished processing the rest of my shots from my trip out....I also liked these two...both shot in the Idaho side of the Palouse:
    Both these pictures speak to me-
    The top one- brought memories back and I immediately wanted to do a road-trip

your second feature, It's the composition, i can't put my finger on it.. but whole image is pleasing puts me at ease... would make a great screensaver or desktop background

Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    Both these pictures speak to me-
    The top one- brought memories back and I immediately wanted to do a road-trip
    Alberta, Canada...unless you are way up there, you aren't too far, and it is a pretty drive....

Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    your second feature, It's the composition, i can't put my finger on it.. but whole image is pleasing puts me at ease... would make a great screensaver or desktop background
    Ha....funny you should mention, but I think Microsoft has used the Palouse for several of it's screen savers....look familiar?

Last edited by Kayaker72; 08-13-2012 at 09:21 PM.