So I screwed up last night and left my camera outside, and of course it rained a bit this morning before I realized where I left it. My camera is a Rebel XS with a Tamron 28-75 2.8 lens and battery grip. I don't really know how long it rained, but it was apparently very little. My son's inflatable pool is about 5' in diameter, and I would guess it had less than 2 cups of water in it. Here is where I found NO water:the battery, battery tray in the grip, battery slot in the camera, SD card, SD card slot, USB port, mirror and the things around it. Here is where I found small amounts of water: barrel extention of the lens (the lens was not extended over night), bottom of the battery grip, lens mount, various places on the body. And there are two places where there was more than a small amount of water, the main dial and the hotshoe. Those two places probably had 1/2 teaspoon of water. It was very little, but more than the other places. So here's my big question - how long should I wait til I put everything back together and test the camera? I'm thinking tomorrow morning or afternoon. Any thoughts? Oh yea, I think I left the camera on it's side, with the grip facing up, but I don't know for sure.

Lewis