I'm planning a vacation to Rome, and I want to bring my camera (of course!), but I only have a 100mm f2.8 macro and a 70-200mm f4 IS. I've decided that I'll take one of these lenses and rent another one. First, which of those 2 lenses would you take? I'm leaning towards the 70-200, since you get so much reach with a crop camera (I have a 40D), and the IS is good for walking around, but believe it or not the 100mm macro is sharper! I'm also a little nervous about walking around with such an expensive lens. Should I get some kind of camera/traveler insurance? As for the lens to rent, there's a lot of interesting architecture in Rome, but I've heard that all of the streets are very tiny/cramped. For that reason, I was thinking of the 10-22mm, which is pretty much the only wide-angle option for Canon crop cameras. I've never shot with a wide-angle lens before though, so I'm not sure if I'll know how to get the best pictures out of it right away. There are also a lot of churches and museums in Rome. Flash is usually not allowed inside, so I was thinking of renting the 24mm f1.4. This kind of gives me the best of both worlds. It's kind of wide, at around 38mm, but great for low light too.