<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Hey Everyone, new to this site and have gotten a lot of good info out of it&hellip;thanks!<o></o>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<o><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Calibri;"]</o>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Now I need a little advice. I know that my question has probably been covered a number of times in this forum, so I am sorry for the duplication...any suggestions would be much appreciated.<o></o>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<o><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Calibri;"]</o>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]20 years ago I did a lot of wildlife and landscape photography, shooting almost exclusively slides, with the occasional sports stuff.<o></o>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]I used an EOS 1 and an A2. With less time to travel and take pics over the years, I eventually sold the eos1(mistake) and just kept the A2 with a couple of lower end lenses. Haven't shot much in 10+ years.<o></o>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]I am now in a position to start traveling and taking pics again, headed toThailand and<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] Cambodia and then to Peru where I am going to hike the Inca trail to Machu Picchu. All of that being said, I&rsquo;ve been using the A2 for a long time, and though I thought about getting another EOS 1, it might be time for a DSLR.<o></o>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]I have been looking at the 7D and 5D Mark II along with new lenses, either the 24-105 f/4 or the 17 -40 f/4<o></o>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]My thought is that with the 7D I would go with the 17-40 f/4 because of the 1.6X and if I went with the 5D, I would go with the 24-105. <o></o>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]I will probably be taking mostly travel/landscape photos, including temples, ruins, architecture, etc&hellip;.
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]What&rsquo;s been peoples experience with either of these lenses matched to a 7D?<o><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Calibri;"]</o>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Honestly, I don&rsquo;t really care about video, just want a good digital camera that will last me 10 or so years. I know the 5D is abetter camera with the full frame but I don&rsquo;t know if I what I am using it for is worth the extra money? Am I<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] really losing out on picture quality by going with the 7D? (I would like to be able to print big if I want to.) Is the build quality of the 5D much better?
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Also, do the lenses I mention make sense as every day lenses for their respective cameras. When I travel overseas now, I want one body and one great lense, that&rsquo;s it. (If I shoot wildlife I would bring something bigger but for regular travel, just one lense.)<o></o>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]So, 10 years from now, which camera am I going to be happier with, the 7D or the 5D. Is the 5D worth the extra $600 or so? <o></o>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Thanks,<o></o>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Alex<o></o>