Page 163 of 397 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 3966

Thread: Post your best current shots

Pat that's great --- the exposure and composition are perfect. I really like the fact that you can still see good detail in the farmhouse, as opposed to it being a complete silhouette.

Here's one from this evening. I went for a stroll at the local bird sanctuary, and came across our national rodent crossing the path in front of me:

Great shot of the beaver... it looks like it stopped in its tracks hoping you'd not notice. They are cute, but they really can mess up a day of kayaking down a stream to find out near the end you can't pass due to their dams.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Pat that's great --- the exposure and composition are perfect. I really like the fact that you can still see good detail in the farmhouse, as opposed to it being a complete silhouette.
    I was about to make the exact same comments, but I'll just second what Jonathan said. Well done, Pat.

Great shot, Jonathan. Right place, right time.
    Mark - Flickr

Jonathan - Those "rodents" sure have really yellow teeth. You would think that with all the chewing they would scrape their teeth clean. Nice shot... I never find them out of the water.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

"Rock-a-bye baby, in the treetops..."

Caught this little guy getting ready for a snooze before the evening's festivities. Rokinon 85mm f1.4 and Kenko 2x TC, plus a hefty crop. (I really need a longer lens.)

Mark - Flickr

Pat, I chew a lot and my teeth are still yellow. Went to the dentist today for the first time in years. The dentist says we're going to be seeing a lot of each other over the next year or two. Oh boy.
    Mark - Flickr

Beautiful sunrise Pat.
    Nice beaver Jonathan!!
    Mark, I'm gussing that's a raccoon, don't have any of them over here.

Finished building Bo's cathouse. Turned into a major project, but he's happy with it and so is the wife. The shot of the tunnel leads from the cathouse uo to the bathroom where there is a catflap and dinner bowl and pet litter and stuff for him. He tears up and down the tunnel, sleeps in it and watches the birds that land on the roof. I need to paint my downpipes, oh well. A couple of angle brackets and this thing can be removed, but the cat loves it and it can't be seen from the road. So project complete.
    [img]
    Cathouse_3 by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]
    The tunnel up to the bathroom.
    [img]
    Cathouse_4 by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]
    And one more showing the built in seat and the tunnel entry point.
    [img]
    Cathouse_5 by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]
    Thanks for viewing.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

I love the Racoon shots! The only coon photo I have is of a sick one (you can't really tell in the photo though).

Here's the latest, these were taken in the wild, I was a bit nervous as the Sow could have been lurking in the woods:

--

Few shots from my two week field course in the Black Hills of South Dakota (day 1)

Last edited by dsiegel5151; 05-22-2012 at 03:06 AM.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    I love the Racoon shots! The only coon photo I have is of a sick one (you can't really tell in the photo though).
    Well, the only shot I have of a raccoon also has 4 Turkey Vultures in it, you can tell he is not well.

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    Here's the latest, these were taken in the wild, I was a bit nervous as the Sow could have been lurking in the woods:
    Awesome shots. I totally understand the nervousness, but you still got the shots right. Good that it did not end like the latest story on lensrentals.

Arnt
    Last edited by ahab1372; 05-22-2012 at 05:33 AM.