Thread: Photoshoot with Sean's aunt Edna :)

Photoshoot with Sean's aunt Edna :)

So today I saw Sean's aunt flying by and after a quick chat we decided to do another photoshoot. Here are the results []

This one I wanted to share full-size so Sean can print it and show it at his family-reunion [6]

Click here for full-size

All photos were taken with a 5D2 with 100mm macro @ f10 1/200 iso-200 and additional flash 1/2 power -1/3

Re: Photoshoot with Sean's aunt Edna :)

You got her best side...she actually looks thin for a change!

very cool. How'd you get the shots? Mirror against white background?

Poor old Edna, always getting a bad wrap. She's got a face like a dropped pie but a heart of gold []

Love that first shot Jan, fantastic colours.

Ben
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Very nice!

Usually I like insects better in their natural environment, but I actually prefer the first two. I like the reflections and think the white background fits Edna very well.

Those are very sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky

So today I saw Sean's aunt flying by and after a quick chat we decided to do another photoshoot. Here are the results [img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Awesome photos, Jan!
    Sean, I hate to be the one to tell you this but your Aunt Edna really gets around ...I think I saw her a few times in Wisconsin today!

Denise

First of all: thanks everybody for responding and all compliments []

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

You got her best side...she actually looks thin for a change!

I guess that's why she asked me instead of you [6]

Quote Originally Posted by realityinabox

very cool. How'd you get the shots? Mirror against white background?

Nope I don't know the exact physics on how it happend, but it was sitting on the window. I saw the reflection in the window and I used my flash to make it even more dramatic. You can see that it's double-glass by the double-reflection. Try it out yourself sometime, it's very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor

Poor old Edna, always getting a bad wrap. She's got a face like a dropped pie but a heart of gold[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Love that first shot Jan, fantastic colours.

Ben

Haha you've got that right Ben [] I also prefer the first shot, although if it wasn't for the bad background, I would have liked the second more I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ruyle

Very nice!

Usually I like insects better in their natural environment, but I actually prefer the first two. I like the reflections and think the white background fits Edna very well.

Those are very sharp.

Me too Jon, normally I'm more of a purist too, but sometimes it works to get beyond your own boundaries.

I have to say by the way that since I have my 5D my macro's seem to be significantly sharper! Even 100% looks great. Never had that type of sharpness with my 50D. Or my skill improved or it's just the camera, since it's all manual focus. I'm really thinking it's the camera..

Oh by the way, sharpness setting is 3 I guess. Just the standard picture-style. Haven't done anything to the shots. I never sharpen to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Awesome photos, Jan!

Sean, I hate to be the one to tell you this but your Aunt Edna really gets around ...I think I saw her a few times in Wisconsin today!

Denise

I know Denise, she's a very busy woman. (I sincerely hope it isn't a male crane-fly in the shot haha [:P])

Again thanks everybody!