Thread: PS4 and Lightroom 3 color differences

PS4 and Lightroom 3 color differences

I normally post process in Lightroom. But Joel asked me to do some work in PS4 and I noticed a huge color difference between Lightroom and PS when editing the same image. I am sure this is a mismatch in settings, but I really don't know where to start--Any suggestions to correct this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob
    Bob

Re: PS4 and Lightroom 3 color differences

Disclaimer: I've never used Lightroom so my suggestion may not work but I thought I'd throw it out there anyways.

I use a couple of different Adobe programs in my design workflow. One thing I've noticed is I needed to sync the "color space" in the various applications. The easiest way to do this is through Adobe Bridge.

To do this... Open Bridge, then from the "EDIT" menu select "Creative Suite Color Settings". This will pop up a little window with various color spaces to choose from. Select the one that best fits your needs and click the "Apply" button. This will then set all the programs in the suite to the same color space.

This is where I'm unsure if it'll work. Lightroom is not part of any of the Creative Suites so I don't know if Bridge is able to make those settings automatically.

Wow, PS4? That was the first version of Photoshop that I ever used, and that was back in 1997. Are you sure you don't mean CS4? []

Kidding aside, the biggest factors in color are ACR version and camera profile. The only way to get the same ACR version as LR3 would be to upgrade to CS5, but you should at least be able to set a similar camera profile (e.g. "Adobe Standard"), unless you are using the DNG file workaround for an unsupported camera, in which case you may not even be able to get that close. Of course, don't forget any of the obvious things like white balance, tint, tone curve, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiethole

To do this... Open Bridge, then from the "EDIT" menu select "Creative Suite Color Settings". This will pop up a little window with various color spaces to choose from. Select the one that best fits your needs and click the "Apply" button. This will then set all the programs in the suite to the same color space.

Jaime, Sorry I missed your response earlier. Thanks. Unfortunately I get an error when trying your method that says:

"Suite Color management requires a qualifying product be launched at least once to enable this feature"

I have Launched ACR, CS4 and LR---but I still get this message.

Bob
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

Wow, PS4? That was the first version of Photoshop that I ever used, and that was back in 1997. Are you sure you don't mean CS4? [img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

I do mean CS4--Thanks for pointing that out Daniel. [:$]

Bob
    Bob