Hello from Sweden! This is my first posting here!

Please - would you who are experts here on Canon gear - maybe advice me about if to upgrade from my newly purchased Canon EF 300 f/2.8L IS USM to version II?

I often use it together with EF 1.4X III extender and also with the new 2X III. Sometimes handheld but most often it is resting on my Gitzo tripod with a Monoball (maybe not the best option for a quite heavy telelens=?)

The next question is about - should I also buy the Drop-in Polarize filter to this 300 f/2.8L lens?

So please know that I would appreciate to receive your inputs and your experiences so far with this two lenses - and do the new version be worth the expenses and can the second version really be so much sharper and better in giving justice to the true colours compared with the processor Canon EF 300 f/2.8L IS USM and also when it comes to in field - or should I maybe wait a while in order that the introductory prices will be reduced - if it will? ... maybe within one year or so?

It is quite much money for an amateur (one who loves what you do!) photographer that is only photographing nature for my personal use!

Thank you for your wise advice!

Best Greetings from Sweden // Charl