I really need some advice here! A couple days ago, I sold my 70-200 f/4 IS on FM. I really liked the lens but I never really found reason for it to be the lens I'd instantly grab for. I purchased it new from B&H in July of last year and it has been used for less than 50 shots I would guess.

The guy that bought it sent me this message tonight ...

<span style="color: #ff0000;"]"Denise,

<span style="color: #ff0000;"]<span style="color: #ff0000;"]I received the lens today. I won't be able to try it out on a camera until Sunday, but I'm having a problem with the focus ring. When the lens is pointed upwards and the focus ring is turned towards a closer focusing distance, the focus scale sticks. The ring turns smooth but the scale doesn't. This happens pretty consistently. This concerns me because I wasn't expecting to have any issues with this lens."

"I'm going to test the lens out on a camera body on Sunday. If the problem persists, would it be possible to set up a return?"

<span style="color: #000000;"]So now I don't know what to do! I didn't have any problems at all when I used it but then again I can't remember ever pointing it upwards. If I had noticed any problems, I would have sent it to Canon since it is still under warranty.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem with a lens? Has anyone here ever expereinced a problem with an online sale? Can't he just use the warranty card and send it into Canon to be checked or do I need to give him a refund? He probably didn't but how do I know he didn't drop it? Isn' tthe reason of selling something with the blank warranty card so they can use it. Now he probably thinks I sold him a lens I knew had issues when I didn't.

Denise