I know this was brought up before and I read through some old threads from a few years back but maybe there is some in insight available on the subject.

I have read that unless you actually get a legal copyright on each and every individual photo, it is really not protected by law? Is this true?

The reason I bring this up is because I have a large number of images that I sell monthly through Getty Images. They were also stolen off of flickr and put on Pinterest. Once it hits Pinterest, it's pretty much up for grabs. I've even had my "D Trocio Photography" edited off my photos and replaced with other names!

Tonight, I contacted one of the companies and they told me that got it from a newspaper that put together their ad so he isn't going to remove the ad.

I've contacted Getty in the past regarding companies using photos that I have listed with them that didn't pay for them but they aren't going to spend their resources tracking them all down.

Not only are these my photographs that I try to make money from every month but they are photos of my dogs, which are considered my property by law. So, isn't it sort of a double violation since they don't have a model release either.

This isn't even that great a photo but if Good Morning America and People Magazine paid for it, they should have to also shouldn't they? It's been stolen by over 50 websites so that amounts to quite a bit of money and that's just one of the photos.

http://fmahde.com/valentines-day-weekend/

www.mt-peaks.com/021116/issue.pdf

Has anyone ever sued and received any compensation for their stolen photographs?