Thread: Problems uploading to SmugMug

Problems uploading to SmugMug

Over the last several months, I have been experienceing upload errors ("firewall is blocking"and "internet connections" is the message I get most often). Sometimes it is just plain "FAILURE". An hour or two later, no problem (most of the time it is only 15 or 20 min.). The other dayI uploaded two images, and they showed nothing but two "dots" for about 20 min., then were fine. This happensif I upload 1 image or a group. It might"FAIL" and then one of the images will show up a short time later, and the other will not. Images are usually between 8 and 10 meg. (not too large for SmugMug), and are jpgs from RAW. Color space is sRGB.Camera is 5D and is up to date with Canon's latest.Once or twiceerrorswere just regular "Sever Crapped" problems (it happens). I get "Firewall or Internet Connection ERROR" most often. I've checked my firewall both inVista, Trend Micro, and myRouter and find no problem. Turned one off at a time thinking theremight be a conflict,even dropped firewall once for a very short time (not recomended), upload still falled.A little while later just fine! Windstream is ISP, and I still am able to use internet during SmugMug failures.No problems with uploads to Flickr or any other normal internet comms.. I know SmugMug has regular maintence, but it is not during these times I am having TROUBLE. Again, SmugMug is always responsive and polite, butthe problem continues. Have had nothing but regular Vista updates, no new software installations and regular virus and malware scans (every day). Use Adobe Elements 7 to upload to SmugMug. Check for updates once a week.

Responses welcome,

JeffersonPoster

Re: Problems uploading to SmugMug

Aren't there a handful of different stand-alone programs you can use to upload to SmugMug? Maybe you could try using a different one than the one you're using.

It's been about 9 months since I was playing around with SmugMug, was going to get an account to start a site, but couldn't afford the prescription fee. Maybe they don't do things the same anymore.

Good luck,

alex
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8