Thread: 12volt power pack for lighting

12volt power pack for lighting

If I remember this right, the website is cheesycam.com. He
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Re: 12volt power pack for lighting

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke

If I remember this right, the website is cheesycam.com. He's got a vid on how to use a cordless power tool's battery for your lighting rig. I've reading up on stuff like this and the frugal filmmaker on youtube..you know. Cause I'm broke.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I found the link: http://cheesycam.com/cordless-tool-batteries-solid-dc-power-packs/

This is a pretty good (and inexpensive) idea for those using constant lighting. He also has some battery designs for dslrs---But I am very skeptical hooking up anything that isn't specifically designed for my camera or my canon flashes; not to mention, you have to destroy an expensive battery and or battery grip to make some of these modifications. I might try something like this on one of my cheap vivitar flashes if I could find a matching power source, but never on expensive gear.

Thanks for the website, he actually has some great ideas on other projects, especially if you are into DSLR Video.

Bob
    Bob

Thanks for posting the link. I

Those LED lights that vidguys use also look good for photoshoots. This guy was showing off one and gave a better look than a canon flash, plus you can see where/how the light falls which would be good for a newb like me.

<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

The LED video lights do look pretty good. I don't know how good they are at range, but I could see a lot of application with close up work and macro stuff---Have you ever tried one?

Besides, you got 5K to play with

To play with---Not to burn up on some "I am to cheap to buy the good stuff" experiment []. Kidding aside---I am still really tossed between the 1DIV and the 500, but currently holding outfor the 500. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Bob
    Bob

The 500 all the way dude!! Or bigger As far as the lights, you

There was a pro photog around at work the other week with a daylight balanced LED light attached to the hotshoe of his D3X. I catch up with him each time he comes out for a shoot and he later showed me some of the shots on his laptop. They were really really nice. I
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

The D3x makes everything look good

hmmm... I leave that one alone[:P]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30