Thread: Question on my used copy of 135L

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question on my used copy of 135L

I just received the used copy of the 135L that I bought on FM and I have a couple questions for the people that own or have previously owned this lens ...

#1 - With the new copy I had before I don't recall seeing very much green or purple fringing but in the first few shots that I just took with it I did notice some on the edges of the newspaper print I just shot and of the squirrel I took a shot of outside my window. Do you show this sometimes on your copy?

#2 - Although I didn't use the manual focus ring on my previous copy, this one seems pretty loose and clanks when it comes to both ends (to the left & right). Again, I don't recall my new copy doing this. Does yours do this also?

Other than those two issues (which may not really be issues at all), the lens looks new, focuses fast (still checking overall accuracy and I think I may just have to do a minor micro-adjustment to maybe a -1 or -2.

I just received it a few minutes ago and only took about a dozen shots so far so I know more testing is needed.

Off to do more testing!

Denise
    Last edited by ddt0725; 03-08-2012 at 05:24 PM.