Thread: Focusing Screen on 5 D MKII in (custom settings) C.FnIV 5 0:Eg-A or D or S

Focusing Screen on 5 D MKII in (custom settings) C.FnIV 5 0:Eg-A or D or S

Could anyone shed some light re: Focusing Screen on my 5 D MKII in (custom settings) C.FnIV 5 0:Eg-A. I selected Eg-D and expected to see a grid, but no such luck. I's the same as Focusing Screen as Eg-A. Am I doing something incorrect?. Thanks & Regards, Wally
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Re: Focusing Screen on 5 D MKII in (custom settings) C.FnIV 5 0:Eg-A or D or S

Just changing the menu item won't do anything. You actually have to buy the screens and then adjust menu accordingly. There are several screens out there.

Re: Focusing Screen on 5 D MKII in (custom settings) C.FnIV 5 0:Eg-A or D or S

You set the C.Fn to match the actual focusing screen that you have installed. Different focusing screens can differ in brightness, which affects exposure metering, so the camera needs to know which screen is installed to compensate.

Only the 7D, with it's transmissive LCD overlay in the viewfinder, allows you to turn on a grid with a menu setting - on other models, you need to actually install a different focusing screen.