Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
I should really get off the internet and go take pictures......
This sentence pretty much sums up what I think about these new cameras. When I first saw rumors about the R5 and R6, I thought the R6 could be a worthy replacement for the 6D I bought in 2012 (to be fair, I think the EOS R already is at the price you can get one now). It looks like it should have a better sensor while the improvements in AF would be night and day.

But lately I thought about what kind of pictures I'm taking, how many of them benefit from a Full Frame camera, how much I like my M50 since I've bought it and in the end, I decided not to buy either the EOS R nor the R6.

During the last two years, I bought a few lenses for the M system and I now have a pretty nice collection. The M50 and all of these lenses (6 in total) cost me less than my 6D and 24-105 L kit in 2012. Even if Canon completely stops the development of the M line, I have more than enough gear to take great pictures and have fun doing it for a few decades, so I'm not worried about that. The EF-M 32mm and sigma 56 finished to convince me. I'll probably add another M camera in the future, either the rumored high end model or, if it never comes out, the M6 mark II, because the compact size of these cameras makes it easy to take two of them with you when hiking. I'd like to do this as I always found that changing lenses when hiking was uncomfortable, but didn't want to carry two heavy Full Frame cameras for hours.

To sum up, the only times I feel the need for an R or an R6 is when I read forums on the internet. When I'm actually taking pictures, my M50 is a joy to use and has far more features than I'll ever need.