Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joel....flickr

Joel....flickr

So as not to take away from Sermed's thread.

Yeah....I went in and deleted until I had 32 pix left and I plan on keeping it below 40.

The reason for 40 is when somebody links (the link is for my special interest photos, not busines photos) thru my business site, it is the maximum that will fit onto 1 page....no need to scroll and lose a person's interest....I hope. LOL

But I agree w/you on keeping the site to a minimum.

Re: Joel....flickr

Great plan on keeping a fixed amount. That really helps you to be though on yourself and only show the best you got.

I'm wondering what other think about this 'strategy'.

(If you didn't see Sermed's thread, check out this post by Scott Kelby on keeping your portfolio short and updated)

Joel....yes, I read it and then I went back for a little more in depth research, i.e. Links from other sites and Amy Dunn's Pruning your portfolio caught my eye. Particularly the statement concerning 1 page of photos and this quote;

Sally Wehner sums it up: “The difference between a bad photographer and a good one? You never see the good photographer’s bad pictures.” This should become every photographer's mantra...and keep the "snapshots" for yourself and your inner circle of family and friends.

I need to be moreattentive in the future while skimming Kelby's site and suggestions.

Again, thanks for puttingthe linkin Joel.

Hi Bill, I posted the link again here for other readers, since your started a new topic(great subject) and I think many readers wouldn't bother finding the original thread and the specific link ;-)

And wow that Sally Wehner quote is so true!

Joël

Hi All:

I got a question. I thought that this was/is a Canon site, why are photographers who are Nikon shooters ( Scott Kelby ) threads being listed?

Personally I'm not interested in what Nikon shooters do or say. Nothing against them just that I want to learn about Canon cameras from sites like this one. If I wanted to know what other camera operators did with their equipment I would go to general Photography sites. Myself & my $.02.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"]</input><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden" />
    <div id="refHTML"]</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Iguide

Hi All:

I got a question. I thought that this was/is a Canon site, why are photographers who are Nikon shooters ( Scott Kelby ) threads being listed?

Personally I'm not interested in what Nikon shooters do or say. Nothing against them just that I want to learn about Canon cameras from sites like this one. If I wanted to know what other camera operators did with their equipment I would go to general Photography sites. Myself &amp; my $.02.
    <div id="refHTML"]</div>

Wow. As you can see this topic is listed in the Open Talk forum. If you don't feel like becoming a better photographer overall and are just interested in the gear part please do yourself and other visitors who are genuinely interested in photography a favor, and only visit this and this part of the forum. You might want to watch out there too, they were talking about Sigma and Tamron there.

That's my $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by Iguide
    why are photographers who are Nikon shooters ( Scott Kelby ) threads being listed?

While not a huge fan of his books (doesn't give a good foundation but rather answers to specific shots..which isn't always bad), there is always good stuff to be found in Kelbytraining that relates to photography in general and even some Canon-specific. It's all about light and how to capture it. Shutters speeds,ISO, ect. are alluniversal to a pointanddon't belong tocertain brands. I would welcome knowledge from others shooting any brand.. unless they use Apple computers!! I'm gonna buy "Ctrl" stickers to put on their "command" buttons[].
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke

unless they use Apple computers!!

I'll shut up then [:#]

Iguide....I have to admit Iam stunned by your statement. This threadhas nothing to do w/brands, it is about a philosophy to manage your photos.

If your statement is how you look at your photography (life?), you will miss out on some damn fine suggestions for techniques, managing pix, ideas, etc. You should try to be a little more open minded....what I've mentioned in the previous sentenceisn't copyrighted by brands.

Though this may sound blasphemus to you....I even read Rockwells' site.

BTW...please note Bryan has added Nikon reviews.

Regards

Bill

LOL. I was just playin'. I read the kelby acticle and it made perfect sense. I was one of those guys that had two orthree pages of crap I was showing people. Thanks for sharing.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.