Thread: A question that has been on my mind

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Rick...thanks for the response, some very good thoughts. I think you highlight the difference between the two options well. Both are excellent, but there is a very slight trade off between level of excellence and convenience. Having just gone FF, I am slowly mulling what I eventually want my kit to look like. I am probably in the phase where I will obsess over everything that Sean was describing. Ultimately, I ended up with the 24-105 f/4 due to its good reputation, but also because it was a heckuva deal as a kit lens. Once I have sold my APS-C gear, I should have some funds to do something. That could be buy a prime lens, upgrade to the 24-70 II, maybe something in the 70-200 mm range, or I may just wait for a bit as I like to shoot until I identify a need.

Thanks again.
    Brant

Edit---thanks also to the others for your posts, and iND, I missed your post while writing this response. Thanks all...
    Brant,

I thought with all of your nice water fall pictures you would trend toward the primes rather than the zoom first. That would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Brant,

I thought with all of your nice water fall pictures you would trend toward the primes rather than the zoom first. That would be my guess.
    I probably was/am, but then I kept reading about this zoom that was almost as good as primes

Also, I tend to shoot a lot of family functions and people, just rarely posting those here. Thus my interest in the 70-200 mm lenses. We'll see, I am only slowly posting my gear so it may be awhile before I get it all sold.