I know everyone has seen more strings and posts then you can poke a stick at about advice on which lens to buy, but yep I have another one. I will apologise from the start if this one has been answered before, and I’m sure it has, but please bear with me. I am after a portrait lens. I have a small home studio with Elinchrom strobes, and I like to shoot portraits outside as well. I have read Bryan’s reviews back to front and the threads both for and against for the 24–70 f/2.8 L USM (which I have my heart set on) in regards to issues someone was having with CA. So then I was looking at either the 17-40 f/4 L USM or the 24-105 f/4 L IS USM. Speed is not a huge issue and I think I could live with f/4, but 2.8 would be nice. I have plans to get the 70-200 f/2.8 IS USM then after to cover the top end range. I’m using a 50D, Manfrotto tripod and shutter release (re the IS necessity / importance) I really do love the 24–70 f/2.8 L USM, I guess I just need reassurance that it is the one for me, don’t want the hindsight thing happening. If anyone could throw some advice at me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.