• Joel Eade "Crested CaraCara Preening"

1 7.69%
  • Jonathan Huyer "Sibling Rivalry"

2 15.38%
  • Joel Eade "Imminent Launch"

2 15.38%

Thread: 2021 - Image of the Month for June

2021 - Image of the Month for June

Please select the Image of the Month for June 2021 from the following weekly winners:

Week 23: DavidEccleston "Kit Exploring"

Week 24: Joel Eade "Crested CaraCara Preening"

Week 25: Jonathan Huyer "Sibling Rivalry"

Week 26: Joel Eade "Immanent Launch"

Good luck to the weekly winners. The poll will be open for 5 days.

One more day to vote!

Congratulations David!

Wow, thanks everyone. Last time I checked on the kits (maybe 5 days ago), they're doing well, exploring without parental supervision.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Wow, thanks everyone. Last time I checked on the kits (maybe 5 days ago), they're doing well, exploring without parental supervision.
    It's a perfect wildlife shot. Low angle, tack sharp, nice backdrop... the stuff dreams are made of!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    It's a perfect wildlife shot. Low angle, tack sharp, nice backdrop... the stuff dreams are made of!
    Or so it seems. These guys are actually in a thin strip of grass in a business park. My shots were taken leaning out the window of our van (we didn't want to get out and disturb them), so the shot was taken several feet from the ground, not a nice low angle shot at all. This guy just happened to be walking up a bit of an incline, making it look like a low-angle shot.

From the street view image ( https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.28935...4!8i8192?hl=en ), we were parked roughly where the red car is. The grass there was mowed. The kit was walking up the incline just past the fire hydrant. You can also see the gap in the trees above the city truck's windshield... That's where I got my shot of the Mom watching us, which was directly out the van's side window.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Or so it seems. These guys are actually in a thin strip of grass in a business park. My shots were taken leaning out the window of our van (we didn't want to get out and disturb them), so the shot was taken several feet from the ground, not a nice low angle shot at all. This guy just happened to be walking up a bit of an incline, making it look like a low-angle shot.
    Ha --- that is awesome! It makes the shot all the more brilliant in my view. Goes to show you can get great pictures anywhere. Kudos especially for taking care not to disturb them.