Thread: Interesting affect...(accidental)

Interesting affect...(accidental)

<div>

Some of you may have seen one of the images of my cat Jelly from this series, but did you notice the cool cross-hatch affect in the background?

Here is a full view of one of the images:
    <div>[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/5102.IMG_5F00_2519_5F00_full.jpg[/img]</div>
    <div></div>
    <div></div>
    <div></div>
    <div>This is the original JPG with no PP. Who can tell me what created this affect? I'll donate $20 to the site in the name of whom ever answers correctly first!</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Game on!</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Paul</div>
    <div></div>
    <div></div>
    </div>

Re: Interesting affect...(accidental)

This photo looks to me to have been photographed though a window/door screen.

Whoa, that didn't take long. LOL

Man of my word, made in your name:

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/6165.Screen-shot-2010_2D00_09_2D00_28-at-7.59.30-PM.png[/img]

Thank you very much.

I remember this effect very well from a picture of a robin I took years ago. It was out side a window next to my computer on a tree stump and I picked up my camera and snapped a few shots though the window (with screen) before It went about its way. Later that night I discovered the the photos had a very interesting bloom like highlighting and that very specific cross-hatch effect. It stumped me for a few days until I opened the window the next day and then when I saw the screen it hit me. If I still had the photograph I would share but lost it in a hard drive crash many years ago... and thus we learn about backup storage. LOL

Nice portrait of Jelly, by the way.

Awesome photo and totally cool gesture, Paul! [G] [Y]

Denise

<div>

Quote Originally Posted by Justin T
    highlighting and that very specific cross-hatch effect. It stumped me for a few days until I opened the window the next day and then when I saw the screen it hit me

That's about the same thing that happened to me. Glad to know it's happened to others! LOL

Thanks for the kind remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Awesome photo and totally cool gesture, Paul! [img]/emoticons/emotion-51.gif[/img] [img]/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

Denise

<div>
    </div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Thanks Denise!</div>

</div>

You guys ever see custom bokeh effects? Technically similar to shooting through a screen door..http://www.diyphotography.net/diy_create_your_own_bokeh

Yep I toyed with a similar thing as part of Canon
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

I have tried something like that too. It gets the creativity going. Not something that you would use in everyday shots, though a lot of fun all the same.