Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: posting photos

posting photos

is there a thread i can go to that reviews how to post your photos. need a little help thanks

steve

Re: posting photos

I'm still trying to get my sea legs from this new format. Gone awhile and look what happens. I have to scroll to find the sign in button on the work computer[:'(].

I hate to give advice when even I'm not sure...I'll do a sample picture and we'll learn together. I started by replying to your post and clicked the "rich formatting" button. After typing this stuff, I pressed the 10th button (next to the filmstrip-looking icon) on the second row. A small screen popped up asking where you want to get the image from. I chosed the desktop and browsed until I found a picture. It's really big in size and am curious if it auto-shrinks to the maximun size or if I have to do it. Let's see what happens

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/8877.waterfall2.JPG[/img]
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

It worked!! Sorry about the crappy picture.

Greg

Yep - in Rich Formatting, click the Insert Image button (just to the right of the indent buttons). Select source - upload (there's a limit of 4 MB per image, 20 MB for your account, which Bryan recently raised to that level from 5 MB per account), From Site (images you've already uploaded), or From URL, where you paste in a link (I link from my Flickr account, for example). In the entry tab, there's a field for Max Width, and it's pre-filled with 550 pixels. If you delete that, your image will be displayed in the thread at the max width, which is slightly more than 800 pixels wide (if it's natively larger, it will be resized, whereas it used to be cropped). Best to use a source that's not much larger than 800 pixels, though, to save bandwidth and reduce image loading time.

Sup,

Where is this image I uploaded at? When I first tried to upload, I went straight to my folder, but none of the images were on it. I thought it was because they were all 800px wide, and opted just to find a random (albeit poopy) shot from the ol

Should be in your My Files section. Click your name, then click View All Files on the right. But you're right, it's not showing up there. Hmmmm...it's definitely hosted on the site, based on the image URL. Might want to ping Bryan - there were image hosting images a while back.

If it's larger than the value in the Max Width field, it will be resized to the Max Width value. If that field is blank, it will be reduced to ~800 pixels. But, if it's already smaller, it won't be enlarged.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    Might want to ping Bryan

Great. Let me change the picture first to something less blurry..and cropped off..and dark before Bryan comes lookin'[*-)]

Don't bother about looking at this post. I'm playing around to see if by shrinking the picture beforehand to 550pix wide, it will upload into my folder. Thought it might have to do with the size of the waterfall-thingy that made it save somewhere else. Or it could be that because I pulled it off my computer and never saved it to my folder, that..I should stop thinking[8-)]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/2086.mini_2D00_4264.jpg[/img]

Sorry to whoever's folder these are getting saved to. I just know they aren't in mine. You may deleteit.. unless you like looking at a rock.

Dude, You crack me up! I