Thread: Lighting setup for indoor large-group picture

rzFoto

Lighting setup for indoor large-group picture

Your input is highly valued.

I have reluctantly accepted a request from a high school orchestra teacher to take a group picture for his students of nearly 40 with instruments. I am very much worried since I mostly take individual portraits with available light, never experienced group portrait not mention this big. The teacher told me that all the pictures they have so far are taken by point-and-shoot cameras so I shouldn

Re: Lighting setup for indoor large-group picture

Here

This will be tough. I have done a similar shot before, but I

We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by peety3

[url="http://strobist.blogspot.com/2009/10/qna-big-group-in-big-dark-room.html]strobist.blogspot.com/.../qna-big-group-in-big-dark-room.html[/url]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>
    Im not interested in shooting people and certainly not interested in large groups, but........ this was a very good was a very good lesson in lighting large areas. I enjoyed it and learned a lot. Thanks Peety.

Bob
    Bob

rzFoto

<span style="color: black;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]Thank you all for your very detailed advises. I really appreciate that you took you valuable time writing long responses.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I will remember to use these tips when I plan steps out.<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto;"]<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters
    <o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto;"]<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]At 1/250 sec, you won't pick up any ambient lighting (thereby making color corrections easier) and you'll reduce the risk of motion blur ruining the photo. <o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]
    <o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto;"]<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]Sean, this is a fantastic idea, never thought about that!<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto;"]<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]Daniel, I am speechless for the length and the amount of ideasof your response, thank you again.<o></o>
    <span style="color: black;"]<font size="3"]<font face="Times New Roman"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]
    </font></font><span style="color: black;"]<font size="3"]
    </font>