Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Day...

Last Day...

So, Today was my last day of Medical School. The graduation ceremony is next week. It is so hard to believe I am 27 and I have been in school since I was 5, and now school is over. Learning will always continue, but I will not need to be in school ever again. Wow. Thank God it is finally here.

.... And I have a wedding to shoot this weekend... Too much fun to control myself.

... *large sigh of relief*....

Dave.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Re: Last Day...

Congratz...

Now you have a medical degree you can pursue the dream to be a pro photograher? [:P]

Dave....Congrats....that is awesome..............

Congratulations Dave! I assume you already found a job? Or do you continue working in sites like Peru?

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk
    Now you have a medical degree you can pursue the dream to be a pro photograher? [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

Yeah, maybe even go to Photography-school [A]

Congratulations Dave....an accomplishment to be proud of and celebrated.

Great news, Dave. Did they teach you how to cure L disease?
    Last edited by Andy Stringer; 11-12-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Congratulations Dave, all the best for the future.[Y]

I watched Grey's Anatomy last night for the first time in ages and if life in a hospital is anything like that show, you probably need to sit down and have a rest.[]

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk
    Now you have a medical degree you can pursue the dream to be a pro photograher? [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

Great idea! That is now going to be my next step! I have a wedding to shoot on saturday.... so dream accomplished!!! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Paalman
    <span>I assume you already found a job? Or do you continue working in sites like Peru?

Yes. My wife and I will be resident physicians for 3 years in a small town in South Carolina. Then, we take a very expensive test to be "Board Certified" and we go wherever we want.

<span>
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Stringer
    Great news, Dave. Did they teach you how to cure<span>Ldisease?

Andy, I am unsure that humanity will ever see the end of this "L disease." It is one of those true medical mysteries. Although with all the advances in genetics, I am sure there is probably a gene that predisposes people the L condition. Of course the Nikonian train of thought contests that no such disease even exists, but most people don't listen to them anyway. [H]

<span>
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve U
    I watched Grey's Anatomy last night for the first time in ages and if life in a hospital is anything like that show, you probably need to sit down and have a rest.

Steve, thankfully medical school is not really like Grey's, aside from the fact that a lot of us wear scrubs and feel stupid when we don't know the answers to the Attending physicians questions. Of course, some high school drama is going to exist when you put that many Type A people together, and BELIEVE ME that really wears you out.

On the rest topic; I will go out tonight and get a much deserved steak. mmmmmm....[B]

To everyone else, Thank you so much for your kind words.... Every person I meet that is getting into photography I direct to this site, and this community. The kind of brains and personalities here truly are unmatched in my mind. I am glad to have been a part of it for so long!

Regards,

Dave.

5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Congrats, Dave, it's a huge accomplishment!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnston
    Of course, some high school drama is going to exist when you put that many Type A people together, and BELIEVE ME that really wears you out.

Indeed. [] (FWIW, it wears out your instructors, too...at least, it started getting a bit old for me after teaching medical gross anatomy, histology, and neuroscience for 8 years...)

Woohoo!!! Congrats, Dave!! Are we all invited to the party to celebrate?!

My daughter is (FINALLY) starting college in the fall and as much as I tried to gear her toward the medical field ...she has chosen the road of IT geeks! Oh well, I can always use a handy IT person I guess!