Thread: microadjustment

microadjustment

Is there a difference between this being disabled, and it being enabled but set to "0". I would assume there is or it wouldn't have the disable feature. Just curious more than anything.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Re: microadjustment

Practically, no, there's no difference. I think both options are available so if you want to apply a global setting or lens-specific settings, but then not use them, you can set it to Disable and the amounts you previously set will be retained in the camera, rather than you having to remember and re-enter them when you turn the feature back on. The manual (for the 7D, at least) indicates that even if you use the C.Fn to clear all settings, the stored adjustments are retained but the AFMA setting is set to Disable.

Hadn't thought of that one.

Another one: will the AF micro-adjustment interfere with the speed of AF? In other words, is it another piece of math that has to be done before a shot is taken? I assume this all happens in such short times that there will be no noticeably difference. However, the fact that you can disable micro-focusadjustment at all made me think about it [] Perhaps it's to save time...[:-*]

depending on the starting point (which way your focus is set at the time), taking a lens that will back-focus andthen enabling themicro-adjustment,would it not hit focus quicker? Could mean the difference in catching Hummingbirds.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.