Hi All -

I have a quick (and maybe dumb)question to throw out there. It's mainly out of curiousity of how programs work.

I have used a couple different programs on occaisionwhere I wanted to do a selective color application. I change the photo to B&W and then use a brush tool to "paint-in" the original color in certain areas. Many times (but not all the time) the color that is brought back in does not look at all like the color from the original photo. What causes this? Is it the program being used, some just being more accurate? Is it my way of using the application due to the hardness of the brush application or opacity? Or is it certain colors just work and others won't? Isn't it pulling it directly from the original photo?

As an example, this morning before work I was working on a photo of my dog (shocking I know [:P]) and I just wanted to paint his brown eyes back in after converting to b&w except for when I did this, his eyes painted back in a lot more orange than brown! I trashed the attempt and left for work but I am hoping to spend more time on it tonight to see if I can get it right.

Any insight provided greatly appreciated!

Denise