Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing flash reflection in animals eyes

Removing flash reflection in animals eyes

Hi All -

This weekend I took lots of very early morning shots of deer and in all the photos, I have the reflection in of my flash in the eyes. I posted a few in the nature thread that I was able to remove but I was working on a few more last night and can

Re: Removing flash reflection in animals eyes

Why would you want to remove a catchlight? Having a catchlight helps create the sense of life in your subject...

I like the catch-light too! I would like to learn how to add it!

Denise, I like the ring flash in your Spider photo in the Macro Thread. I guess it comes down to personal preferences.

I think you could break catch-lights down into the different types, such as; a solid catch-light, complete circular ring, broken ring (2 semi-circular rings), or multiple solid catch-lights, and then decide which one looks better for certain situations.

I think a good goal would be to make the catch-light look natural, although I don't think you need to make the Spider Photo look more natural as I think it looks pretty cool the way it is.

Rich

I like catchlights too! I

Sure, I understand.., it may work with a creepy Spider, but you don't want Bambi looking possessed!

Edit: So, I guess that leaves you with the choice of diffusing the light before hand, orsmoothing it out in PP.

Hey sometimes the possessed demon look is kind of fun! I was delighted when I discovered what my flash did to this shot.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/7522._5F00_M3_5F00_3208.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer

Hey sometimes the possessed demon look is kind of fun! I was delighted when I discovered what my flash did to this shot.

Right, like in my spider pic but for this one, I'd prefer normal ...

Most of them I was able to fix in DPP to a point that they are at least worth saving ...

Some turned out better than others. The last one I left as it was which I think it's ok.

Just as an FYI,.the reason why I was trying to get a few of these looking good is because ...

At the engineering firm where I work, we have a big screen TV/monitor in the lobby which we use to display past projects that we have done with our company logo on each photo in a powerpoint presentation for our clients & employees viewing. Well, I was told today to put together a powerpoint slideshow of a number of my photos and that is what will be showing in our lobby from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesdays ...with of course D Trocio Photography at the bottom of each photo

I cannot believe that I was actually able to pull together pretty many photos that don

Wow, that's today! Good luck Denise[Y]

I guess the answer is no, but weren't you able to photograph the deer without a flash? Even at the cost of having a slower shutterspeed which might cause some motion? I personally think it's very hard to take a natural photo with flash.