Thread: Black River Reflections - apologies to JRW

Black River Reflections - apologies to JRW

This is the Econ River just N.E. of Orlando - still somewhat intown. This effort was more of scouting trip vs. really going for the images.

I know to get this right I need to be a bit later in the PM or very early A.M. as this river runs N/S the lighting, etc will be completely different AM to PM. I think this was not late enough in the afternoon. There are several more on flikr

Any helpful hints are welcome

Full size images are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/77760916@N05/

So I tried a couple of different ways to get the images inserted and I just don't have that magic touch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13036676183_9ea7e0ca8e_n.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	2175  
    Last edited by Busted Knuckles; 03-09-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Mike,

For easier Flickr posting click the box with the arrow right above your photostream name. Click HTML/BBCode and then pick the size.

Black River11 by mbarrett5076, on Flickr

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    Just waiting a little longer before heading out myself. Not entirely certain what the apologies are for.
    Cause I sucked so bad as guide when you were here.

RE dynamic range, absolutely, I usually do a couple of test shots to confirm where the blinkies are and the start fiddling. This was more of a scouting mission that real image capture as I was pretty sure later in the afternoon would be good. Really trying to find that spot that needed the just oh so perfect light.

The shot w/ the little water fall and the roots sticking up needs a much lower perspective but I wasn't ready to get wet on this trip, next one... and this certainly looks likes a kayaker spot if I ever saw one.

Some of the root/tree formations just looked something from middle earth or some beastly mythical place. I agree, a separate trip w/ those shots in mind - i am too feeble to move that fast between major themes.

Dave: thought I had tried that successfully, but alas when I previewed it wasn't there. I will try again with some other images. Thanks for posting & looking.

Mike

With some of the spots where the reflections were almost perfect, rotating the image 180 degrees was really visually uncomfortable in a fun kind of way.
    Last edited by Busted Knuckles; 03-10-2014 at 01:23 AM.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Mike, if you go there a little later in the day you might run into a Hobbit or something. Or the tres start talking...

Arnt
    Arnt

I absolutely love the blackwater rivers. IMO not prettier places on earth.

Tad Atkinson
    http://www.palmettophoto1.com