Thread: Canon 450D+ 17-55

Canon 450D+ 17-55

Hello,

May be I am wrong or because of the less practical experience ,the problem could be.

recently I bought a new 17-55 IS USM lens for my EOS 450D. When I take pictures on white background, I can see a small round shade on the bottom center ofthe images.It was noticed only when i took photos on white background. Is this normal ?any Idea ?

Thanks

Re: Canon 450D+ 17-55

Could you post a image so we can see whats going on?

My best guess is there is something in your lens and its more obvious with your white backround. It could be a small amount of flare also.

Get that image![]

John.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.35.49/aaa-367.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.35.49/new-367.jpg[/img]

hi Jhon, Image attached

I'm guessing you're using the on-board flash and the lens (or lens hood) is blocking the flash from evenly lighting the bottom. If so, use a mirror or surface to bounce your flash, get an external flash, use external flash on a cord or wireless system, or shoot without flash at the widest of focal lengths.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Hi peety3,

Thanks for your reply and Thoughts. yes you are correct, I am using on board flash , and it seems to be the on board flash is blocked by the 17-55 lens when i zoom . Thanks very much,

regards,Alge

Yep I agree with Peety3, your lens is causing shading in the bottom of your pictures. If you difusethe onboard flashyou might be able to eliminate the shading, but you will have very little flash power left. Just get an external flash and all will be well...[]

John.