Thread: First really walk around w/17-55 2.8 IS

First really walk around w/17-55 2.8 IS

My wife had to go into the office yesterday (Boston), so I drove her in and played tourist w/my camera. It was another gray and overcast day here, fortunately no precipitation.

View looking SSE towards Boston Harbor from my wife's office on the 33rd floor.

All of the following pictures were taken in the Boston Public Garden.

Edward Everett Hale at the Charles St. entrance

Swan Boats; have been in use since the 1870s

The engine for those of you unfamiliar w/their power, is pedal power. This pic was cropped and increased to 100% from a similar pic of the Swan Boat and Bridge.

The Triton Babies, hand held at 1/8 shutter speed (I was impressed) as I was trying to slow down water....pardon the reflecting light off the water.

Re: First really walk around w/17-55 2.8 IS

great perspective on the first shot! i really like it

Awesome. I just got that lens on Friday. Shot my second wedding with it Saturday. It's a WONDERFUL lens!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.55/IMG_5F00_6270.jpg[/img]

50mm f/5 1/200 ISO 320

It's web sized, but this is IMO one of my favorite pictures I've ever taken. Taken with that 17-55, and my friend providing the light with his EX 480 as a slave light from my 580 EX II. That is the COOLEST feature.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.55/IMG_5F00_6245.jpg[/img]

55mm f/5 1/200 ISO 320

My composition isn't the best here. I should have been more to the left, and my lighting assistant got his back a little over exposed. I haven't touched this pic up at all, so I could re adjust some limits and get the cake calmed down a little bit. Still, I really like the picture given all it's flaws.

By the way, Bill, I live up in Maine....I can't believe it wasn't raining there. We have had literally one good day in the past 2 weeks, and it happened to be Saturday for this wedding.

We in Sox Nation are getting absolutely screwed by the weather.

Thanks Matt.....glad you liked it. My wife's building is literally 360* of glass, it gives a person a pretty good perspective of downtown.

LoneSierra....you're right about the wx, we've been in a pattern of 1.5 days of clear wx and 5.5 days of crap for weeks now. We've been jokingly talking about moving to the Sierras to dry out and see the sun. But I haven't seen the BPG look so good in years....

4th of July this wkend so the summer is over, next is Labor Day and then snow......argh!

BTW....liked the first pic a lot.

Go Sox!!