Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Letter to Denise (ddt0725) and friends

Moved to SoCal early 60's. Near the beach. Lucky, I guess. Blessed is more like it.

Open Letter to Denise (ddt0725) and friends

Dear Denise,

Please accept my sincere apology for my insensitive and inconsiderate response to your "Wedding Photography" post. Your friends are correct. I am new to this site and I should have taken care to consider your photo history and also the relationships you already enjoy with so many others. I did not. I have no excuse; however, I believe I was hasty and overly reactive for two reasons: 1. I honestly misread and misunderstood the issue you were concerned about (lack of experience?) and, 2. I have a cousin whose recent wedding day was marred by an inexperienced photographer. Therefore, I was projecting. It was wrong of me and I apologize not only to you but also to the many friends you have in this forum.

Sincerely,
    Steve (Slim Chance)

Apology accepted! I am sorry to hear how your cousins photos turned out and I am definitely not saying this couple's experience is going to turn out much better. I have to just do the best I can and have faith that it will all go well. I honestly feel this came totally out of the blue for good reason for both myself and this young couple.

The best thing I did was to be totally honest with them as to my lack of experience. It would be much worse if I had promised professional results and then not delivered!!

As for my friends here at the TDP, they are pretty terrific and I am extremely grateful to have found such a wonderful group!! Stick around Slim, you will soon see there isn't anywhere on the web that you will find such a fun and caring group of people! We may be at different skill levels but be share the same passion for photography and the desire to help each other learn and improve on our skills!

So lets start seeing some of those photos, Slim!

Denise

The digital picture is a great site. Generally the people here are very nice although the traffic is a bit lower than some of the other forums. A lot of the people here are very smart too, it's a great place for advice, etc...

Dave

Slim Chance,
    Your open letter was classy. Welcome to TDP. I look forward to future posts and seeing some of your work.
    Brian

Welcome to TDP, Slim Chance! :-)

Welcome again Slim/Steve, thank you for your dignified and genuine response to Denise.

This site, may be small compared to some, but those who contribute become part of a family. A family that encourages and helps those who ask for guidance. This support is intelligent, genuine and positive and reassuring.

Good long term friendships have formed because of this site, with some people travelling thousands of miles to meet up.

It is a pleasure to have you aboard and I also look forward to seeing your forum contributions and photos.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Stand up thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Chance View Post
    Dear Denise,

Please accept my sincere apology for my insensitive and inconsiderate response to your "Wedding Photography" post. Your friends are correct. I am new to this site and I should have taken care to consider your photo history and also the relationships you already enjoy with so many others. I did not. I have no excuse; however, I believe I was hasty and overly reactive for two reasons: 1. I honestly misread and misunderstood the issue you were concerned about (lack of experience?) and, 2. I have a cousin whose recent wedding day was marred by an inexperienced photographer. Therefore, I was projecting. It was wrong of me and I apologize not only to you but also to the many friends you have in this forum.

Sincerely,
    Steve (Slim Chance)
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

I instantly have a lot of respect for you Slim. Well played.

Well done, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ham View Post
    I instantly have a lot of respect for you Slim. Well played.
    +1 on that. Thanks for your post Slim.