Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 60D!

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 60D!

I keep reading the web rumors (I know, lol) about the 60D. []

With the market pressure Nikon has exerted lately and the grumbling the 50D has as baggage, is it possible that Canon will dazzle us with the latest prosumer body? Could AF advancements, lower high ISO noise, weathersealing and IQ refinements be in store for us Canon aficionados? The rumor mill is buzzing. I hope its all true and Canon makes Nikon back into a dirty word. [<)][]

Could Canon prosumer lovers have a big smile on their faces sometime this month? Will my trusty 40D soon see backup status? I'm excited. Come on Canon, let us have it!!!

Re: Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 60D!

I'm not getting my hopes up. Nobody bats 1000, and the 40D and 50D have been stellar releases with tremendous new features and large performance improvements over their predecessors. That's why I think it's probably about time for a bit of a "ho-hum" camera release, like the 30D was. I would like to be wrong, but historically Canon puts out a boring one every once and a while.

Personally, I'm quite happy with my 50D. I've heard all the gripes about it, but with some good glass attached you can take superb pictures with it. Movie mode is probably the only thing it's missing that I wouldn't mind having. However, if it did have movie mode, I have a feeling I'd be spending that much more money experimenting with it (external audio, new support system, Singh-Ray filters, etc).

I rather see the new lenses coming out like all the IS IIs instead. Plus the 60D would be more expensive and only for a few more features. I think canon should layoff for a while then make a stunning camera as good as the NIkon D200/ D300/ D2x.

Puh-lease, let's leave the rumors discussion over at the rumors site. When they release something, we'll see how the features match up, and when product hits streets, we'll see how the performance performs. Think back to the AF, mirror, and oil problems on the 1-series Mark III models, firmware shortcomings/problems of the 5D Mark II, etc. Besides, Nikon will just fight back if they don't already have stuff in the works.

We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by peety3
    Besides, Nikon will just fight back if they don't already have stuff in the works.

GOOD!!! Competition is what moves things along...I hope Nikon will come out with a nice affordablefull framesoon. Then maybe we'll get one.
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9

Just curious, how often does Canon release a new camera or L series lense?

keller

Daniel,

I've always thought the 40D wasthe lastbig upgrade followed by the 50D as a small "upgrade" [8-)]. Hopefully, the 60D will be the next big revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by District_History_Fan

Daniel,

I've always thought the 40D wasthe lastbig upgrade followed by the 50D as a small "upgrade" [img]/emoticons/emotion-43.gif[/img]. Hopefully, the 60D will be the next big revamp.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

The 50D has an all new sensor with 50% higher MP and gapless microlenses. The sensitivity (QE) and noise (read noise) are about the same (slightly improved). Pattern noise is improved over the 40D. A new and improved self cleaning design. The LCD improvement is huge: resolution, color, contrast, and viewing angle. Live view is much improved in feature, frame rate, and functionality. HDMI for tripod photography on-site with your high end client. Usability improvements like "My Menu". True lens microadjustment instead of just body microadjustment. Peripheral Illumination Correction.

To me, that is quite a significant improvement over the 40D.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

That's why I think it's probably about time for a bit of a "ho-hum" camera release, like the 30D was. I would like to be wrong, but historically Canon puts out a boring one every once and a while.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

HEY! You're insulting my poor 30D!

(whispers to camera)

"Don't worry little 30, you're 50% better than than silly 20D. Your model number proves it."