Thread: What should I spend my money on?

What should I spend my money on?

I anticipate this being a fun discussion. Here is the question: I have $150 to spend. What should I get?

I have the digital rebel XTi, 28-105 3.5-4.5 II, Sigma 150mm 2.8 macro.

I was thinking of a flash (285HV etc), or a polarizer for my sigma (B+W polarizers run about 150 in that size). Is there anything else I should think about? I considered a nifty-fifty, but decided that it would be better to wait on that and get the step up.

Thanks!

Dan

Re: What should I spend my money on?

With $150 and a little wiggle room, you could probably get a 285HVand a set of CTR-301p trigger/receiver for your flash and then you will have taken your first step into off camera lighting. I personally will vouch for that.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Re: What should I spend my money on?

Try getting the Vivitar 285HV used on ebay--it will save you a few bucks. Otherwise, you can buy a less powerful Yongnuo YN-460 or YN-462 on ebay for about $40 with free shipping. That might give you enough to buy a lightstand, umbrella swivel, umbrella, and remote triggers if you shop around. Learn how to light and the quality of your images (no matter how good they are now) will improve dramatically.