Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot....27th December- 2nd January?

What did you shoot....27th December- 2nd January?

The rain has eased up a bit here and the wildlife is very active. Today I had to re-locate a 3 foot snake at the back door. One hour later I had re-locate this blue tongued lizard, who was trying to hide under the BBQ. We throw shrimps (we actually call them prawns) on the BBQ, not reptiles.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7737.IMG_5F00_6036_5F00_001.jpg[/img]

This is the day before, even this poor old magpie looks as disenchanted with the rain as I am.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7217.IMG_5F00_6084_5F00_001.jpg[/img]

I just ran over a 6 foot python with the mower. Didn't even see it, have decided not to post the shot of that.

Thanks for viewing.

Steve

Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Re: What did you shoot....27th December- 2nd January?

Canon 7D, 17-55mm f/2.8 @ 49mm, f/2.8, 1/250 sec, ISO 100 (77mm Genus ND Fader Filter used)

strobist: 1 White Lightning X2400, camera right, about 1/4 power, diffused by a 22" PCB Beauty Dish (HOBD) with center reflector in place. Sun is providing rim light camera left. Strobe triggered via Cybersyncs; powered via Vagabond II. Camera triggered via RC-1.

Nice Sean, that pose really shows off your chimney.[:S]

Ha ha.
    Steve U

True. But I

Carrying on with the theme of 'larger than life', this is from an outing last week to the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Amherst, MA.

"Art Appreciation"

PowerShot S95, 6mm (28mm FF-equivalent), 1/60 s, f/2.0, ISO 80

LOL. Good comeback.
    Steve U

Nice shot Neuro. I'd ask you to pm me that picture, Steve, but I wouldn't want to seem weird [:P]
    <a title="Refresh by Nickds7, on Flickr" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickslater/5315109510/"]
    Water Droplets!

[/URL]

<a title="Untitled by Nickds7, on Flickr" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickslater/5314551999/"]

B[/URL]oth shots 24-70mm f/8 1/250th iso-100. Slightly OOF in 2nd shot.

I couldn't celebrate Christmas with my grandkids until New Year's day due to the flu bug going around. My very shy granddaughter was somewhat overwhelmed by the celebration butcracked a slight smile when her daddy (my son) showed her the snow &amp; glitter falling in my snow globe ...she had never seen one before.

I've been practicing a few things out of my new Photoshop Elements 9 book I just got &amp; this one is suppose to be the Faded Antique Look. It took eleven steps for me to find out that I'm not so sure I like it but at least I'm learning the ins and outs of Elements ...sort of!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

I've been practicing a few things out of my new Photoshop Elements 9 book I just got &amp; this one is suppose to be the Faded Antique Look. It took eleven steps for me to find out that I'm not so sure I like it but at least I'm learning the ins and outs of Elements ...sort of!

<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I was noticing that. I like to vignette many of my images as you did here. Sometimes on light brick or walls, it just looks dirty, so its not for every image. On some images you'll find there is a color shift. I often turn that layer to B&amp;W and it works well.

Keep showing off those new skills.

Mark
    Mark

John - that
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30