Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 7d ii

I'm hopeful. Numbers are arbitrary, generally. I can't wait to see some sample images. Looking for an excuse to stick with crop sensor... I would be lying if I said I was 100% willing to ditch the ef-s 17-55mm f/2.8 to switch to full frame.

Hoping this impresses and I'll keep my 7d as a second body for wedding and event gigs.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

The GPS and 65 focal points have sold me... I'll be pre-ordering once it's possible.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    The GPS and 65 focal points have sold me... I'll be pre-ordering once it's possible.
    Here you go!!!! http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?is=REG&Q=&A=details&O=productlist&sku=1081808
    Let No One Walk Alone
    --------------
    Bill

Was just going to post that! According to the video on the page, it is in fact a new sensor... Anxiously awaiting a review from Bryan!
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

7D II really? This day actually arrived?
    http://www.the-digital-picture.com/N...spx?News=11512

Pretty exciting. Looks like an excellent camera.

I may be ordering the 7D II even before Bryan does his full review. I know there's a few projects I'd like to have it for...

Too much to hope for spot metering to be being tied to the auto-focus point?
    Last edited by Rocco; 09-15-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    I may be ordering the 7D II even before Bryan does his full review. I know there's a few projects I'd like to have it for...
    Great. I'll be happy to hear how it goes. It seems like a great camera. I still need to figure out how to get a little more reach than the 5DIII @ 400 mm. The 7DII paired with a 400 mm lens could be the answer. Or one of the 600 mm zooms/Canon big white, etc. One of the "holes" I eventually need to fill in my kit. But, I am in no rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Too much to hope for metering being tied to the auto-focus point?
    Yep, too much to hope for. Spot metering uses center focus point.

Just hit me that the camera won't be available until November. Dangit. I suppose I'll have to use my orig. 7D at a couple of upcoming weddings (as a second camera to my 5D III).