Page 209 of 397 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Those Eyes..... Great shots. The third one is my favourite
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

What a gorgeous cat!

Not an easy task, to get a cat to walk on a leash!

Is the cat blind? Is that why he's on a lead?

Quote Originally Posted by ham View Post
    Is the cat blind? Is that why he's on a lead?
    Hehe, laughed at loud to that one. No. If he was blind there would be a dog leading him around not me.

Actually, ragdoll cats are very trainable and almost dog-like in personality. The blue eyes are a feature of the breed and because we live on acreage bordering a main road, we are trying to lead train him, just to give him some time out in the big yard. Quite a few cat breeds respond well to lead training and if you wander into a pet store there will be a large variety of cat leads.

Only time will tell if we manage to get Bo to walk on the harness. At this stage he doesn't know that his breed work well on leads and acts accordingly.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Mindy by saslls, on Flickr

My adopted cocker spaniel Mindy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized-2012_09_02_999_17.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	160.0 KB 
ID:	1370  
    Last edited by saslls; 09-04-2012 at 12:42 AM.

August 28, 2012 by saslls, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by saslls View Post
    August 28, 2012 by saslls, on Flickr
    Cute!
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Hehe, laughed at loud to that one. No. If he was blind there would be a dog leading him around not me.

Actually, ragdoll cats are very trainable and almost dog-like in personality. The blue eyes are a feature of the breed and because we live on acreage bordering a main road, we are trying to lead train him, just to give him some time out in the big yard. Quite a few cat breeds respond well to lead training and if you wander into a pet store there will be a large variety of cat leads.

Only time will tell if we manage to get Bo to walk on the harness. At this stage he doesn't know that his breed work well on leads and acts accordingly.
    He'll get it in time! Heck, sometimes my dogs still think they can do as they please when they have one on! I wish more people would train cats to walk on leads, sure would be alot less strays wandering around and with a cat as beautiful as yours Steve, I wouldn't want it to wander too far!

@ Lisa - Your dogs are so photogenic! I wish mine were always as cooperative in front of the camera! Mine will actually walk up and sit with there back to me when they see I have the camera in hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post

Glad it caused a laugh and not offence. Wouldn't've wanted that.

I've literally never seen a cat on a lead in the UK, and as far as I know we don't have much of a stray problem. But then our roads are generally more densely spaced I'd assume, so cats are much safer wandering around.

I must admit I did have a friend who lived on a cul-de-sac, yet his family never let the cat out the front door because they were worried about him getting run over. I did twice remind them they lived in a detached house and that the cat was perfectly capable of jumping the fence (and that their road was not a through route) but they were strangely stuck in their ways...

I went for a hike this past weekend and spent some time at the most productive site for Pikas that I've ever come across in the mountains. If you haven't seen a pika before, they are incredibly tough to photograph. I love chasing after them and for me it's about the most fun I can have with a camera. I posted a web album with 10 shots here, and included a bunch of commentary which hopefully you'll find interesting or helpful --
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1123307...eat=directlink