Thread: First Attempt at a Panorama (Edited) - C&C Please

First Attempt at a Panorama (Edited) - C&C Please

This is pretty much a trial run of attempting to do a panorama. This is my first try. After clicking on the link below, click on the photo to see a larger view (for those not familiar with using flickr).

Please let me know what you think of it and how I could make it better. I'm going to the same area tomorrow at again at around the same time (sunset). First thing, I can think of is to maybe use my 24-105 or 100-400 lens instead of the 17-55mm!

http://flic.kr/p/8Kku9z

EDIT: Second attempt (switched a few photos) ...

http://flic.kr/p/8KpkCJ

I couldn't get the panorama to load anywhere where you actually pan the photo, guess because it is in Quicktime! []

Thanks for looking!

Denise

Alan

Re: First Attempt at a Panorama - C&C Please

Denise, if this is really your first attempt at a pano, you should be slapping yourself on your back. It's well done.

Thank you, Alan! When I took these photos, I didn't even have that plan in mind but now looking at them, seemed like a good idea for a first try. I am in the middle of doing my second attempt. Changing a few of the photos and making it so you can actually hold the mouse key down on the photo and pan! Not sure if eveyone will be able to view it though.[]

Denise

Denise....nice first pano efforts.

Just some insight on my pano shooting lens decisions; when it is a large landscape subject, I use my 17-55, e.g. White Sands pano (posted on my flickr site) and Monument Valley.

When it is an interesting subject, but too far for my 17-55, I use my 100-400 to capture the scene, e.g. The Rookery at flickr.

BTW, I shoot all my panos vertically.

Good luck and have fun

Bill