Page 186 of 397 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 3965

Thread: Post your best current shots

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnston View Post
    As promised here are some of my favorites from the trip to acadia. I still have quite a few left to go through, but here are some I have gotten to so far.

Thanks for looking all! Lemme know what I could have done better!

Dave.
    David, David, David.... Oh where do I start, hmmm, I think it would be eaiser to explain if you just take me with you next time. Seriously, great stuff.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Superb shot Jonathan, great composition and exposure from one of our best landscape artists.
    +1....Jonathan, that may rank as one of my favorite photos I've seen here. Beautiful shot. Thanks for posting.

David...love Acadia, great shots. Hope you enjoyed your trip.

Going back over my waterfall pics for the assignment, I saw this one that I haven't posted. Sometimes I post a shot that may not be the technical best, but it just interests me. This is one of those shots...

small-5661 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing...Brant
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 07-19-2012 at 11:35 AM.

A tree sitting on a rock

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    A tree sitting on a rock
    and that is why paper beats rock

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    +1....Jonathan, that may rank as one of my favorite photos I've seen here. Beautiful shot. Thanks for posting.
    Wow - that is very kind, thank you (and Steve too). I have seen (and have been greatly inspired by) so many awesome landscape shots on this forum that I feel honoured if I can just meet your standards on occasion. This particular shot wasn't an immediate favourite of mine... I don't really know why. So it's nice to see that my own opinion isn't very accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    This particular shot wasn't an immediate favourite of mine... I don't really know why.
    If I can ever get a shot as crisp and with such fantastic depth I'll have the biggest smile on my face for weeks.
    It's a great shot.
    If there is something that may detract (slightly) which I didn't notice first couple times looking at the image, its the parks Canada hut peaking out at the edge of the road.

But still very inspiring.

@ Steph...thanks.

@Kombi...literally LOL'd....at work. Fortunately, I work at a pretty laid back place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    This particular shot wasn't an immediate favourite of mine... I don't really know why. So it's nice to see that my own opinion isn't very accurate
    I go through this all the time....sometimes shots that I am pretty "meh" about are really well received. It is really interesting to hear what other people see and like about my photos because it is often very different than what I see and like.....

With your shot, it is a classic landscape to start with, but I really liked the delicate light playing off the more powerful mountains and then the contrast of the cloud wrapping itself around the mountains vs the stratus clouds higher in the sky....just find it a well captured interesting scene.

BTW...so, it is finally spring up there?

Hi, I haven't shared much lately. I've simply had little computer time, and the few hours I've spent in front of the computer I've been going through lots of photos from a recent trip to Cyprus. I spent a really lazy week there with my family and I came home with around 800 RAW files to process. Now those are narrowed down to 200 keepers, and I thought I'd share a few of them. Both my teenage kids and my wife are really reluctant to being "exposed on the Internet" (as they say), and since most of the good shots include them, there are not many left to choose from. We were staying at a hotel called Callisto a couple of kilometers west of Agia Napa. This was a really nice place and all three shots show more or less of it.

The first one is an overview of the small beach section outside the hotel. (The buildings at the left border of the frame are parts of the hotel area.) The hotel beach wasn't too bad, but we preferred the much nicer Sandy Bay that was a five-minute walk away.

The second one shows the pool area that the kids really liked. (Though to me it makes no sense to travel all the way to the Mediterranean just to jump into a pool.) In this one my wife is actually posing in the middle of the frame, but she approved sharing it.

And finally there's my wife's favorite photo from the trip. I don't agree, but she doesn't like any of the really nice photos she appears in. Those flowers were climbing the hotel buildings and this is basically the view from her chair on the balcony - I suppose that's part of why she likes it.

PS. In the first overview you can see a balloon in the air to the left. At a closer look it turns out to be an advertisement for a place we never got to visit. DS.
    Name:  IMG_8128_ED_S.JPG
Views: 257
Size:  37.7 KB

Jonathan - I agree with the others. Beautiful shot (great foreground and great background).

Brant - I like your shot... I have to admit I have some shots that are very very simular to that. It is about natures will to thrive.

Kombi - That was a good one, but now the scissors need to be upgraded to an Axe.

CLS - Sounds like fun. I really like the second shot... great exposure.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    If I can ever get a shot as crisp and with such fantastic depth I'll have the biggest smile on my face for weeks.
    It's a great shot.
    If there is something that may detract (slightly) which I didn't notice first couple times looking at the image, its the parks Canada hut peaking out at the edge of the road.

But still very inspiring.
    Thanks for the comment. Yes you are right --- that hut (which is actually an outhouse) doesn't help the image. I guess the reason I wasn't immediately enamored with the shot is that I walked around for quite a while to find the "perfect" composition", with the right foreground lining up with the right background. This ended up being a bit of a compromise... I took the best foreground, and sacrificed the background a bit. I did a little manual gardening on the yellow flowers, pulling out dead weeds and such to make it look better. I suppose I could use photoshop to do the same to the outhouse, but to me that's cheating for some reason.