Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YIPPEE!!! I did it, I finally decided and ordered a new macro and a telephoto lens!!! Thank you for all your advice!

YIPPEE!!! I did it, I finally decided and ordered a new macro and a telephoto lens!!! Thank you for all your advice!

After weeks of debate and fantastic advice from everyone here on this forum, I just ordered two lenses! I ordered the Canon Ef 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro and the Canon Ef 300mm f/4.0 L IS USM lens and the Canon Extender Ef 1.4x.

I am sooo thrilled and even paid the extra $ for 3 day deliver ...hopefully I can wait that long!!

Thanks to all that commented on my previous posts. All advice giving played heavily into my decision making process!

Wish me luck at learning how to use my new investments! Since I'm new to photography, this should be interesting!

Denise []

Re: YIPPEE!!! I did it, I finally decided and ordered a new macro and a telephoto lens!!! Thank you for all your advice!

Congrats on the new purchase, those are good lenses. You'll enjoy them.

One questions, what happened to the 100-400? []

Re: YIPPEE!!! I did it, I finally decided and ordered a new macro and a telephoto lens!!! Thank you for all your advice!

Don't get me started or I will start researching again...lol! You have no idea how much I debated back and forth on those two! I came up with that most said the quality is better with a non-zoom (debatable I'm sure). I truly wanted a zoom lens until I read that over and over plus I thought a 4.0 would be better than a 4.5-5.6, granted I loss with theteleconverter. Heck, I'm so new at this, I probably wouldn't notice a difference! [8-)]

Please someone ...tell me the 300mm f/4.0 L IS is a better choice than the 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS so I can sleep better tonight [:|]

I need a glass of wine [:P]

Denise

The 300 f/4 IS a better choice. don't worry so much, any canon L lens is gonna be at least GOOD.

I ordered the 4/300 saturday.

You won't regret it.[H]

brendan

Thanks Brendan and congrats on your new purchase!!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

I ordered the Canon Ef 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro...

Congrats, Denise! Did you order theEF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro (non-IS), or theEF 100mm f/2.8<span style="color: red;"]L IS USM Macro?

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

I ordered the Canon Ef 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro...
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Congrats, Denise! Did you order theEF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro (non-IS), or theEF 100mm f/2.8<span style="color: #ff0000;"]L IS USM Macro?

Thanks! I ordered the L IS, figuring I need all the help I can get. All I have for a tripod is the cheap one that came included in my kit.

Thanks! I ordered the L IS, figuring I need all the help I can get. All I have for a tripod is the cheap one that came included in my kit.

Good Job! The L IS autofocuses faster and is sharper, not to mention easier to handhold. but more $$$ so I can't afford it[]

well the 300/4 is coming tomorrow so YEAAHHH![H]

brendan.

Quote Originally Posted by bburns223

Good Job! The L IS autofocuses faster and is sharper, not to mention easier to handhold. but more $$ so I can't afford it[img]/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]

well the 300/4 is coming tomorrow so YEAAHHH![img]/emoticons/emotion-11.gif[/img]

brendan.

Hopefully, come Weds. I'll be ready to compare photos with you! []

well, i'll be away until fri.

how about sat?[]