I've been lurking around for a while and have really learned a lot from the articles and comments in these forums, but this is my first post...

These are some shots I took in the past couple months at NJ Devils games (from the upper level). I used my Rebel Xsi and EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS for these 3 shots, but I have some from last Sunday using my recently acquired 70-200mm 2.8L IS that I will post this week. Not surprisingly I got many more usable shots with the L lens where these are the only ones I feel are presentable that I was able to get in these conditions with the EF-S.

Any comments are appreciated! Most of my shooting is of sports, especially motorsports, so I'd love to hear from anyone with a background in these areas in particular.

Thanks,

Zane

Travis Zajac scores to win the shootout

187mm, f5.6, 1/500, RGB, ISO 800, cropped & auto levels in Photoshop CS:

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.25/Zajac-Shootout-GW.jpg[/img]

Dainius Zubrus goal off one-time pass

200mm, f5.6, 1/500, RGB, ISO 800, cropped & auto levels in Photoshop CS:

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.25/Zubrus-2nd-Goal.jpg[/img]

Chris Kelly ties it up

250mm, f5.6, 1/400, RGB, ISO 800, cropped & auto levels in Photoshop CS:

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.25/Kelly-Tying-Goal.jpg[/img]