Thread: How do you remove CA

How do you remove CA

This was one of my first real pictures I ever took with a DSLR last year. The lens was a cheap Tamron I bought to see if I really wanted to go down this road. Other than the color being kinda off, is there anything I can do about what I guess is Chromatic Aberrations. I tried to use the vignetting to hide the ones in the back, but the batch right under the little guy is the problem. I've tinkered with Lightroom3's control and it didn't seem to do anything. I also only have the jpeg version. Don't yell at me. It was prolly shot in the green zone too. It was like my second time using the thing. I was just wondering if there was anything that would fix it...within reason

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.40.90/20090822_2D00_IMG_5F00_0290_2D00_2.jpg[/img]
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Alan

Re: How do you remove CA

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke

I also only have the jpeg version. Don't yell at me.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

No one is going to yell at you.

Well, at least I hope they don't....[]

We're just a bunch of friendly, but occasionally temperamental,[] photographers.

50% temper, and 50% mental...

Thanx for the help guys, I'm gonna check out the link from the other site today after work. It's gonna be poopy outside for sometime I guess and will work on this "masterpiece" at the house. It prolly won't be as easy as I was hoping. If it was, everyone would use $100 lens

The CA tip seemed to work and should be pasted on the side of every Tamron 70-300mm macro lens..except now it shows off some OoF flowers he's settin' on That would be all me. Maybe I should tape "Check your DoF!" on the back of my camera. Can't win them all. It was neat playing around though. Thanks again for the PS tip.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.40.90/IMG_5F00_0290Edit.jpg[/img]

What a difference. I read the 2-minute tip and thought, "what a cheap trick"

But your new photo looks much nicer, and all that false color is gone.

Thanks!!! I'll be posting another shot in the forumwith some questions I need help with as far as looks go. It might be Thursday before I can get it uploaded, but would like your opinion if it would be okay.