Thread: A walk in the desert.

A walk in the desert.

Canon Rebel EOS XS

1/200 @ f.11, ISO 100, EF-S 18-55 IS, handheld

All c & c welcome.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.39.42/siwa_2D00_IMG_5F00_4147_2D00_4.jpg[/img]

Re: A walk in the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by mbaltrusitis

Canon Rebel EOS XS

1/200 @ f.11, ISO 100, EF-S 18-55 IS, handheld

All c & c welcome.

Looks good to me. []

If I were you, I would have placed the individual that is walking such that he or she has a more significant presence in the picture, but that's just my personal taste. I really like your composition, and even though your horizon is placed in the middle of the frame, I still think you composed this shot very nicely. Everything "works" in my opinion.

I also like the contrast and saturation of the image. The image has a very vibrant, "alive" feel to it - I like that - And I think it suits your subject matter very well.

By the way, a fantastic shot coming from a Rebel XS and kit lens. This shot is much better than a lot of images I see coming from 7D's. [Y]

As a rule of thumb, you shouldn't cut the frame in half with the horizon. I would prefer a little more scenery and a more prominent subject.

Looks good to me.

If I were you, I would have placed the individual that is walking such that he or she has a more significant presence in the picture, but that's just my personal taste. I really like your composition, and even though your horizon is placed in the middle of the frame, I still think you composed this shot very nicely. Everything "works" in my opinion.

I also like the contrast and saturation of the image. The image has a very vibrant, "alive" feel to it - I like that - And I think it suits your subject matter very well.

By the way, a fantastic shot coming from a Rebel XS and kit lens. This shot is much better than a lot of images I see coming from 7D's.

I did it as far away as I did because I wanted it to be almost an "environmental" shot and show the space where this individual inhabited. The horizon in the middle, although breaking the rules, I thought was well placed in this particular shot with the overwhelming separation between the brown, green and blue layers.

Although this shot taken before I spoke to a certain photojournalist, John Isaac, what he said rings true for many photos: "if you have a sharp photo, thats in focus, what you are able to do with that image regardless of megapixels is almost endless." He had some pretty old shots with some very "out dated" digital cameras and it was amazing how big and how full of color he was able to get them, even though only being ~5MP and sometimes even less.

I'm glad you like the post processing, I kind of let myself really go with this one and I am very pleased with the results. Believe or not, there has been an immense turn-around in my digital post-processing after I learned dark room developing. It really taught me a foundation that I was able to carry over into my digital workflow.

Thank you guys for the comments! I appreciate it.