Hi All,

Lately, I've been thinking about my RAW workflow, and how it might be improved in terms of image quality.

[poll]

I'm curious about what people are using, and why. I'm sure there's no 'perfect' program for this, but there are certainly differences among the available options. Personally, I'm most interested in resulting image quality, secondarily interested in ease of use, and not really interested in photo organization - but I know for some that may be a big factor.

For those that don't use DPP, does the lack of Canon's automatic lens-specific corrections (vignetting, distortion) and/or lack of support for Picture Styles bother you? I really like those features (although DxO would seem to be a good alternative for thelens-specific corrections).

Also, if you use special-purpose software for one part of your RAW workflow (e.g. Noise Ninja), chime in!

Obviously, DPP has a big cost advantage. But given that any of the other software licenses cost less than almost any of the lenses in the Canon lineup, and such software has the potential to improve every image that comes out of the camera, a couple of hundred dollars would seem like a worthwhile investment.

Any and all thoughts appreciated!

Thanks,

--John