Thread: Bride and Groom (C&C)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bride and Groom (C&C)

So I finally got around to that photoshoot I asked you all abouta month ago. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance for any C&C.

Canon XS, 50mm f/1.8 @ 2.8, 1/320 sec., ISO 100

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.45/IMG_5F00_5212.jpg[/img]

Canon XS, 50mm f/1.8 @ 2.8, 1/400 sec., ISO 100[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.45/IMG_5F00_5235.jpg[/img]

Canon XS, 50mm f/1.8 @ 4.0, 1/640 sec., ISO 100

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.45/IMG_5F00_5271.jpg[/img]

Re: Bride and Groom (C&C)

I know it's only been two days, but most of my post get immediate responses. Can I get all of your C&C on these images? (please???) []

Ok Brent, here's my take on the images:

1) Good pose and good capture in that you caught him with a natural looking grin. That said, he blends into the background a bit. I think his dark skin makes him better suited for a lighter background. I think a small increase in exposure might help, too. He really needs a tiny reflection in the eyes to make him look more alive (like in the last picture).

2) Well composed. Under the boardwalk looks like an excellent place to shoot. The subjects look a little dark, but I'm sure your camera metered the scene that way because of the strong light on the side of the image. I can't tell if it's just me, but it doesn't look tack sharp (it may just be the way it resized on here).

3) The couple looks a bit brighter in this image (and skin tones are a bit warmer), and I think that helps. It's more of a traditional bride & groom shot, but it's a fantastic background. For me, this image is my favorite. The background, well exposed subjects, and lack of really harsh shadows (while keeping the background a exposed well) makes this image really work.

Brent,

Overall, some really nice images, I second Sean's opinion on two of his points. The second image is well composed but could use some lightening up in the shadow areas. I personally think the subjects look pretty sharp and there is decent bokeh in the background.

The third image is also my favorite. Were you using a gold reflector to light them or was it reflected light from the ground? Definitely has nice warm tones to it and I also love the background.

Good job with the XS and the 50 1.8!

Brent,

I agree with Sean as well. The only thing I would like to maybe see is some greater DOF on the 3rd shot.Typically I'd agreewith the choice to use shallow DOFbut for the 3rd shot the background looks so beautiful I'd like to see if itwould add a nice contextual element to the picture. I could be wrong, it may be too distracting but maybe next time take one at f/2.8 and another at f/8 to see if you like the effect

I agree with you Mark...

The first one is a cropped a little to tight for this guys look. I think if he was turned to the right instead that light would have given an edge to his jaw and gave his face a little more definition and it might have given some shimmer in the eye too.Maybe not.You probably could have gotten a little bit above him and shot down slightly to give him a little more chin and jaw. But I do agree with Sean the eyes need something.

I like the second one but it does need some fill and I would have liked to see a little more of his face.

I'm with Mark on the third, I think it could have used more background detail. I think the light is a little too golden on them though. You could take some of that yellow in post.