Thread: decisons

decisons

okay in september 2009 im looking to buy a brand new body.

i have the choice of either the 5D mark II + kit lens

or the choice of the 1D mark III[body only]...

this is really hard for me because i really want the full frame and a new lens.. on the other hand i really love 10fps + pro body.

id love some feedback on what you guys think thanks.

Re: decisons

Well, you're going to need a lens, so...

I'd say get a lens.

I say make what ever you have last until they announce a new 1D. Most are betting the next 1D will be FF. If you buy either one of these you will be kicking yourself when the something new has everything you are looking for.

I wanted a 5D, well FF anyway for a while and I new they were eventually going to update it. So I waited, because although the OG 5D is very good camera there were things it lacked of the more modern cameras. I had a 40D to keep going and the 5D2 finally arived and I'm very glad I waited.

I will get the 5D + 24-105L in this case. This combo will have a great chance to last for the next three year, while the 1D III probably will be replaced by the end of the year or so. Plus FF does make a difference! In terms of build quality and feel, I doubt the 5D II +grip will feel much worse than the 1-series body though. Plus the 5D II has twice of the resolution - that's something! In terms of speed, I never find myself use 10fps on my 1V-HS, it's not a concern of saving film money but a fact that I just don't need it. I guess you have to think that how frequently you will need 10fps when making the decision.

Ispend $ on lenses first - that's just for me. I bought a 50D for digitaland a 16-35/2.8L II with my $3000.

i think im going to go with the 5D mark II kit, i get a new lens and i think its going to be a better deal. i still have a while till i actually decide if im really going to buy this camera.

It's more like if you want fullframe of APS-H... :S

go for fullframe 5D Mark II or wait for october, they will be releasing something new, atleast 1DX

Quote Originally Posted by SRPHOTO
    okay in september 2009 im looking to buy a brand new body.

I admire your planning. “For which one of you when he wants to build a tower, does not first
    sit down and calculate the cost, to see if he has enough to complete
    it?”

But perhaps you are planning to far in the future? "Never worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." "Now listen, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that
    city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.' Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow."

I would suggest that you wait until it's closer to September. The cameras, lenses, and purchase decision will likely be very different than it is now.

@Daniel Browning

i have been told this. thanks for the tip :]

@Daniel Browning

i have been told this. thanks for the tip :]