Thread: (Megapixels) War...what is it good for....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Excellent point. I suspect being a 1.6 crop sensor helps out in this regard.

I think number of pixels on subject is one key to rendering great details in bird photography.

I wonder how the R5 and R6 will compare when shooting in 1.6 crop mode?

Everything I have seen so far shows the AF tracking to be stellar with the R lenses.
    Yes, everything that I am seeing is very positive. While I apply the marketing grain of salt, people are legit excited and AF is getting mentioned a lot as a big surprise. Playing with the M6 II, it is impressive. I am going to do a little comparison thread as soon as I am ready.

I am most curious about the file size in "crop mode." If it is ~20 MB, that is interesting. But, what I've seen from other crop modes, even the "S" modes, is they do not save all that much memory. File sizes are still large. I do appreciate CRAW. From what I have seen, little to no image degradation and a significant reduction in file size. If file size is a factor, seems like a reasonable alternative. More memory savings that I typically see when I've tried the smaller memory sizes.

But, yes, the pixel density of the M6 II is equivalent to 82.5 MP in a FF camera. So, in terms of pixels on target, it is a significant difference and I am seeing some nice results.
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 07-14-2020 at 11:17 PM.