Page 157 of 398 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 3974

Thread: Post your best current shots

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    As usual, great pictures everyone. Really enjoy this thread.

A few from about a month ago:

Thanks for viewing,
    Brant
    Nice lightening. I still want to get a good lightening shot some day.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Great captures Brant...Well done
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    As usual, great pictures everyone. Really enjoy this thread.

A few from about a month ago:

small-1962 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Small-1963 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing,
    Brant
    Those are really awesome. Could you share your exposure settings and camera/lens info.

Wally and Pat....thanks for the comments. Pat, I know the feeling, I've been trying to get lightning for a couple years now. I usually end up with a bunch of frames of clouds or really faint lightning. Got lucky with this storm.

Sam..glad you like them too. Both were shot with a Canon 7D, EFS 15-85. The first @ 26 mm, 30 sec, f/8, ISO 200. The second was the same settings but at 21 mm. I am happy to share, but just in case you don't already know, a nice thing about flickr is that if you click through to the image to the flickr version, in the top right corner, if you click on the "Canon EOS 7D" in the sentence "This picture was taken March 13, 2012 using a Canon EOS 7D" all of the EXIF data for the shot comes up. But, as I said, I am happy to share. I really like how a lot of people on this forum list their settings. I've learned a lot just by looking at the pictures. I used to do so, but since I've moved over to flickr, I guess I've gotten lazy BTW, essentially all I did is set up my camera on a tripod and let it shoot several 30 sec exposures in a row for about 10 min (fast moving storm). This storm was good, I ended up with lightning in about half my shots.

IMG_0945-2.jpg by sambisu, on Flickr

IMG_0942.jpg by sambisu, on Flickr

Some floral arrangement shots (arrangements by my wife). Been doing a lot of experimenting with post processing in Lightroom...constructive criticism is more than welcome.

Thanks for the tip on finding all that data on Flickr. I had no idea that data was carried along with the JPEG.

Nice arrangement and focua Sam.
    Brillant lightning shots Brant, love the mood and tones to these, almost apocalyptic.
    Another from Supanova on the Gold Coast.
    [img]
    Supanova_4 by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]
    Thanks for viewing.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by sambisu View Post
    IMG_0945-2.jpg by sambisu, on Flickr
    IMG_0942.jpg by sambisu, on Flickr

Some floral arrangement shots (arrangements by my wife). Been doing a lot of experimenting with post processing in Lightroom...constructive criticism is more than welcome.
    I like the arrangements. Did your wife use that sabre to cut the flowers? I must admit that I found the background slightly distracting, especially in the second shot. Perhaps you could use a shallower depth of field to separate your subject, or find a plain feature to place behind the subject to isolate it from the background.

Changing the subject completely, I took advantage of a break in the showers to visit the Falls of Allt Garbh yesterday. Allt Garbh is Gaelic for 'rough stream'.

5D Mark II, TS-E24mm f/3.5L II @ f/22, 0.2s, ISO 50

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Stringer View Post
    I like the arrangements. Did your wife use that sabre to cut the flowers? I must admit that I found the background slightly distracting, especially in the second shot. Perhaps you could use a shallower depth of field to separate your subject, or find a plain feature to place behind the subject to isolate it from the background.
    Thanks for the tips! It looks like I took those at f/5.6 and 18mm, so I could have opened it up to f/3.5. Not sure how much that would have changed the shot though. I was thinking more about getting a sharp image when I took the shots, so I was trying to stay away from being wide open. All things to learn to think about! I'm still a little limited in shallow depth of field with the kit lens.